CS-1 is an active dry yeast for use in fuel and beverage alcohol fermentations. It is a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae that has been specially selected for good productivity in continuous operations or continuous or batch operations where yeast is recycled.
- Rapid fermentation start and strong stress tolerance
- Short lag phase which is an advantage against competing bacteria
- Killer activity present which helps reducing the risk of contamination from other yeasts
- Tolerance to temperature, pH, and osmotic stress also improves alcohol yields by maintaining higher yeast counts and lower glycerol concentrations
- Long-lived and resilient in continuous fermentation conditions
- Robust, stable yeast that dominates the fermentation, thus giving it a long cycle life.
View Product Sheet (PDF)
* Not all products are available in all markets nor associated claims allowed in all regions.